Academy MemberMap & Directions
Alvin Capp is a mediator, arbitrator, umpire and special master with a wide and deep background in both civil litigation and alternative dispute resolution. He began his mediation career in 1987 and has limited his practice to ADR since 2002. He has served in more than 7,000 cases in all areas of federal and state civil matters.
He received his Bachelor of Arts and J.D. degrees from George Washington University and served as a White House intern for President John F. Kennedy during his studies. He also successfully completed the Harvard Negotiation Project.
Although Alvin was born in St. Louis, Mo., he grew up in South Florida and graduated from Coral Gables High School. He has been married to Gail for more than 52 years. They have two children and four grandchildren. He served in the U.S. Army Reserve for eight years.
- ADA Disability
- Business Dissolution
- Contract Disputes
- Personal Injury
- Professional Malpractice
- Real Estate
- Trusts / Estates
- B.A ~ George Washington University, 1961, cum laude
- J.D. ~ George Washington University, 1964, cum laude
Memberships & Affiliations
- The Florida Bar ADR Section
- 17th Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee, past member and chair
- Broward County Bar Association ADR Section, past chair
- Association of Broward County Mediators and Arbitrators, past president
- Temple Emanu-El and Soref Jewish Community Center, Fort Lauderdale, past president
- Greater Fort Lauderdale Jewish Federation, former board member serving over 10 years
- Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce, Downtown Council, past vice president
- Broward County Marine Advisory Board, past member
Please call office for details.