- Practice Commenced: 2000
- Total Mediations (as of Jul 2020): 350
- Total Arbitrations (as of Jul 2020): 2
As a Certified Circuit Civil Mediator, I help bring peaceful resolutions to disputes in a way that is quick, professional and inexpensive. As a Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer, I can speak with experience and authority on the trial alternative to a mediated settlement agreement.
Almost all state and federal judges now require lawsuits to go through Mediation. It is often the last best chance for the parties to control the outcome themselves. The alternative - trusting a jury of six strangers - is usually less appealing.
Many businesses and individuals are wisely seeking the early help of a Mediator before spending unnecessary time and money in a lawsuit. I am pleased to conduct presuit Mediations at a reduced rate.
The Florida Supreme Court's certification process is designed to ensure that Mediators are properly trained and skilled to help bring peace to disputes. Since my certification in the year 2000, I have been referred cases by judges, attorneys, businesses, individuals, the Better Business Bureau, and the State of Florida. I have mediated a wide variety of legal issues, including Personal Injury, Commercial, Probate, Consumer, Nursing Home, Construction, Insurance, Eminent Domain, Collections, and PIP cases.
- Consumer Fraud
- Contract Disputes
- Debt Collections
- Eminent Domain
- Mortgage Foreclosure
- Nursing Homes
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Professional Negligence
- Wrongful Death
- 1992 - 1995 STETSON UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF LAW, St. Petersburg, Florida, Juris Doctorate, Cum Laude
- 1988 - 1992 STETSON UNIVERSITY, DeLand, Florida - Bachelor of Business Administration, Magna Cum Laude
Memberships & Affiliations
- The Florida Bar (since 1995);
- Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer - Florida Bar (2010-present)
- Jacksonville Bar Association (since 1996, Board of Governors, 2013-present, Chair of Litigation Section, 2012-2013, Chair of Mediation/ADR section 2003-2005, 2006-2012);
- Christian Legal Society (since 1997, Jacksonville Chapter: President 2000-2002, Pro Bono Project Director since 2001; Board of Directors 2002-2008, 2012);
- Florida Justice Association (since 1998);
- Jacksonville Justice Association (since 1998);
- Florida Academy of Professional Mediators (2000-2011)
- $300/hour (with a $500 minimum) for the conference, plus expenses (facility rental and meals) if hosting.
- 1 hour administrative charge
- 10% discount (up to $50) for parties who pay their invoice immediately at the conclusion of the mediation.