Curtis Hutchens, Esq. is well known and highly regarded in the State of Florida as a property and casualty insurance legal executive and litigator. He is a graduate of the University of Miami School of Law and Denison University in Granville, Ohio. Mr. Hutchens also attended classes at Northwestern University in Evanston Illinois and Boston University. He was an adjunct Professor at the Saint Johns River State College in St. Augustine Florida teaching business law for nine semesters.
Curtis is a Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Civil and County Court Mediator, with experience across all lines of property and casualty insurance including first and third party claims and lawsuits. Curtis has participated in more than 1000 mediations as either an advocate or mediator. As a staff counsel for Citizens Property Insurance Corporation, Curtis administered thousands of mediations for the Florida Department of Financial Services.
- Community Associations
- Contract Disputes
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Property Damage
- Real Estate
- Denison University, Granville, Ohio, 1973
- University of Miami, School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1989
Memberships & Affiliations
- Certified as Circuit Civil and County Mediator by the Supreme Court of Florida
- Member, The Florida Bar
- Member, U.S. Supreme Court
- Member, U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Middle Districts of Florida
- Member, Certified Property Casualty Underwriters Society, CPCU
- Board of Director and Executive Officer, Windstorm Insurance Network
- DeMers Panel Arbitrator and Mediator for the Florida Office of the Attorney General CAPS Motor and RV Dispute Program
- Mediator, Florida Department of Financial Services
- Bad Faith Regional Counsel for Nationwide Mutual Fire Insurance Company
- Spokesperson for Citizens Property Insurance Corporation to the Florida legislatively created Task Force for Prompt Resolution of Hurricane Property Disputes.
- Panelist, Resolute Systems, LLC