Academy MemberMap & Directions
- Practice Commenced: 1993
- Total Mediations (as of Nov 2019): 2000
- Total Arbitrations (as of Nov 2019): 10
Robert Heath is a native of Pensacola with over 38 years of experience as a trial lawyer and has tried over 100 jury trials. He is a graduate of Auburn University and earned his law degree from Florida State University School of Law in 1981. He served as an Assistant State Attorney in the First Judicial Circuit of Florida before entering private practice in 1983.
Robert previously served as a member of the Executive Council of the Florida Bar Trial Lawyers Section, is a Fellow of the Southern Trial Lawyers Association and has served on the Insurance Task Force for the Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers since 2001. Robert was certified by the Florida Supreme Court as a Circuit Civil Mediator in 1993 and serves on several national arbitration panels. He has earned an AV rating by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest rating possible given by his peers in the Pensacola area.
He is the author of "Proposals for Settlement in PIP Cases: Should U.S. Security Ins. Co. v. Cahuasqui Be Overturned?" which was published in the Florida Bar Journal and co-authored the chapter on "Documentary Evidence" published by the Florida Bar in its Civil Trial Practice series.
Robert's practice is focused on matters involving personal injury, wrongful death, insurance bad faith, product liability, and insurance related litigation. He handles cases throughout the State of Florida and has mediated over 400 cases to date.
- Class Actions
- Community Associations
- Consumer Fraud
- Contract Disputes
- Debt Collections
- Health Care
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Professional Liability
- Professional Negligence
- Real Estate
- Wrongful Death
- Juris Doctor, 1981 - Florida State University School of Law, Tallahassee, Florida
- B.A., 1978 - Auburn University, Auburn, Alabama
Memberships & Affiliations
- The Florida Bar (Trial Lawyer's Section Executive Council 1992-1995)
- Fellow, Southern Trial Lawyers Association
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers
(Board of Directors, 1997-98; Chairman, Environmental Law Section, 1997-1998; Insurance Task Force, 2001-present)
- Escambia-Santa Rosa Bar Association
- Florida Academy of Professional Mediators
Please call our office for details