- Practice Commenced: 1992
- Total Mediations (as of Dec 2020): 4000
- Total Arbitrations (as of Dec 2020): 75
Simon M. Harrison has been a full time Mediator since 1992, mediating in excess of 4000 cases over a broad range of subject matter in both State and Federal court.
Simon is an AV rated attorney, practicing in Lee County and throughout Southwest Florida since 1978. Simon was a partner in the firm of Perch and Harrison, P. A. of Fort Myers and Lehigh Acres from 1979 to 1992 (and remained of counsel until 1996), engaging in a broad based transactional and litigation practice. He has extensive litigation experience in real property disputes, construction and mechanic's lien disputes, business disputes, contractual issues, mortgage foreclosures, and both secured and unsecured collections. He advised large and small land developers, real estate brokers, and contractors with dispute resolution, litigation, and regulatory compliance. He also represented Banks, Savings and Loans, and other lending clients on a wide variety of transactional and litigation matters, and supervised negotiation and documentation of both commercial and residential loan workout arrangements.
Although Simon's background as a practitioner was primarily in real estate, construction, and commercial matters, all of which remain areas of particular expertise, his years of mediation experience have provided him with significant knowledge and experience in numerous other areas of civil litigation such as condemnation, ADA compliance, and personal injury, which now compromise a significant portion of his work.
In addition to his work as a Mediator, Simon frequently serves as an Arbitrator in both binding and non binding Arbitrations, and as a Special Magistrate in FLUEDRA and general Circuit Civil proceedings.
ADR Certifications and Approvals
- Certified Circuit Court Mediator (Florida)
- Circuit Court Arbitrator (Florida)
- Certified County Court Mediator (Florida)
- Approved Federal Court Mediator-Middle District of Florida
- Approved Florida Department of Insurance Mediator
- Certified Florida Condominium, Cooperative, and Community Association Mediator
- Certified Florida Homeowners Association Mediator
- Listed Practitioner-Florida Conflict Resolution Consortium
- ADA Disability
- Banking & Finance
- Business Dissolution
- Community Associations
- Contract Disputes
- Debt Collections
- Eminent Domain
- Health Care
- Intellectual Property
- Land Use/Planning
- Local Govt./Municipalities
- Medical Malpractice
- Mortgage Foreclosure
- Personal Injury
- Professional Fees
- Professional Liability
- Professional Negligence
- Property Damage
- Real Estate
- Shareholder Disputes
- Title Disputes
- Trusts / Estates
- Unfair Competition
- Wrongful Death
- J.D. (Honors) University of Florida, 1978
- B.A. Political Science (Honors) University of Florida, 1975
- Mediation Training -- American Arbitration Association, 1992
Memberships & Affiliations
- The Florida Bar
- Federal Court-Middle District of Florida
- National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals
- Florida Circuit-Civil Mediator Society (Advisory Committee Member)
- Florida Academy of Professional Mediators, Inc.
- Former Director, Conant Mediation Center, Program Manager for RMFM Program, Twentieth Judicial Circuit of Florida
- Lee County Bar Association.
- Former Co-Chair of the Lee County Bar Association Alternate Dispute Resolution Practice Section
$300 per hour, divded between the parties.
Contact the office for information on minimum charges, which vary depending on type of case (Mediaiton or Arbitration), location, and time reserved (full or half day) and cancellation policies